Designing on Sacred Ground.
The New York Public Library introduced a pilot program to bring food into the Library. The first Kiosks were placed in the Stephen A Schwarzman Building at 42nd and 5th Ave and at the Lincoln Center Library.
The building, designed by Carrère & Hastings in 1902 and completed in 1911, was an invigorating task. We worked closely with the vendor and the NYPL to make this a first class intervention with in a much loved and revered space.
From the Library website:
Visitors to The New York Public Library's Stephen A. Schwarzman Building can now buy a cup of coffee, lunch or a sweet treat. The Library has partnered with eatery 'wichcraft to offer refreshments at its landmark building, offering coffee, tea, sandwiches, sweets and more at a kiosk on the first floor. A portion of proceeds goes to support the Library; Friends of the Library get a 10 percent discount.